Skip to main content

35 Inspirational quotes on Success by Mark Zukerberg

 


Mark Zuckerberg is co-founder and CEO of the social networking service and website Facebook. He is also one of the world’s youngest billionaires. Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook in his college dorm room wherein he and his friend built a site that allowed users to create their own profiles, upload photos, and communicate with other users.

He left Harvard University after his sophomore year to concentrate on the website. And the rest, as they say, is history. During the second quarter of 2018, Facebook has an average of 2.23 billion monthly active users.

In May 2013, Facebook made the Fortune 500 list for the first time—making Zuckerberg, at the age of 28, the youngest CEO on the list.

He and his wife also pledged in an open letter to their daughter that they would give 99 percent of their Facebook shares to charity. “We are committed to doing our small part to help create this world for all children,” the couple wrote in the open letter that was posted on Zuckerberg’s Facebook page.

Here are 40 Mark Zukerberg quotes that will inspire you:-

1. “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff you are not moving fast enough.”

2. “I mean, the real story is actually pretty boring, right? I mean, we just sat at our computers for six years and coded.” 

3. “People don’t care about what you say, they care about what you build.” 

4. “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.” 

5. “Give everyone the power to share anything with anyone.”

6. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” 

7. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” 

8. “People can be really smart or have skills that are directly applicable, but if they don’t really believe in it, then they are not going to really work hard.”

9. “Our society needs more heroes who are scientists, researchers, and engineers. We need to celebrate and reward the people who cure diseases, expand our understanding of humanity and work to improve people’s lives.” 

10. “I look at Google and think they have a strong academic culture. Elegant solutions to complex problems.” 

11. “Don’t let anyone tell you to change who you are.” 

12. “I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction.”

13. “Instead of building walls, we can help build bridges.”

14. “I think the internet is really good in general because it helps people get access to more information.” 

15. “Nothing influences people more than a recommendation from a trusted friend.” 

16. “By giving people the power to share, we’re making the world more transparent.”

17. “Advertising works most effectively when it’s in line with what people are already trying to do.”

18. “Whatever you build, build with care. Anyone who has built something big, has done it with care.”

19. “We look for people who are passionate about something. In a way, it almost doesn’t matter what you’re passionate about.” 

20. “A guy who make a new chair doesn’t owe money to everyone who ever built a chair.” 

21. “In fifteen years we’ll be teaching programming just like reading and writing, and wondering why we didn’t do it sooner.”

22. “The question isn’t, ‘What do we want to know about people?’ It’s, ‘What do people want to tell about themselves.” 

23. “Every application will be designed from the ground up to use real identity and friends.” 

24. “You don’t let people deter you. That’s how you do it.” 

25. “It is important for young entrepreneurs to be adequately self-aware to know what they do not know.” 

26. “In terms of doing work and in terms of learning and evolving as a person, you just grow more when you get more people’s perspectives, I really try and live the mission of the company and keep everything else in my life extremely simple.”

27. “The biggest mistake we’ve made as a company is betting on HTML5 over native.” 

28. “My goal was never to just create a company. It was to build something that actually makes a really big change in the world.” 

29. Helping a billion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life.” 

30. “We’re making a long-term bet that immersive, virtual and augmented reality will become a part of people’s daily life.” 

31. “Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today.” 

32. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’ Unless I feel like I’m working on the most important problem that I can help with, then I’m not going to feel good about how I’m spending my time.” 

33. “It takes courage to choose hope over fear.” 

34. “My number one piece of advice is: You should learn how to program.” 

35. “Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it.” 

36. "The Hacker Way is an approach to building that involves continuous improvement and iteration. Hackers believe that something can always be better, and that nothing is ever complete."

37. "People think innovation is just having a good idea but a lot of it is just moving quickly and trying a lot of things."

38."My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that as if I don't care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But why not being just a company means to me is not being just that building something that actually makes a really big change in the world."

39. "Building a mission and building a business go hand-in-hand."

40. "I'm here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Life as it's Your Last

 We have less time than we think. It’s a precious resource. It’s a commodity that can’t be bought or sold or saved or invested. You only get that time once. And as soon as it’s gone, it’s gone forever. So why squander it? Let's do something extraordinary. Let's invest it rather than squander it. We all have realized that time is running out. The clock is ticking down. We don’t have much time. Neither do you. As ominous as it sounds, we’re all hurtling towards our ultimate demise and death as physical beings living on this planet. To be honest we all have limited time and we live only once. Our life is significant and worthy of attention. Life is short make good use of it. This, whatever you’re doing now, may be your last act on earth. It may very well be your last battle. There is no power which could guarantee that you are going to live for forever. This sentence makes a lot of sense to me and the life that we all are living somewhere. A lazy self-centred life! I barely...

35 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes

  35 Most Inspiring Steve Jobs Quotes Steve Jobs is remembered as a tremendous innovator. He was a brilliant entrepreneur and amazing visionary. The former CEO of Apple was a leader and a legend. And he had much to say. He had thoughts about making mistakes, following your intuition, and making the most of life’s limited time. When he died, he not only left behind an extremely successful company, but also many words of wisdom. Here are some of Steve Jobs‘ best inspiring quotes that will encourage you to live the life of your dreams. 1. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” 2. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.” 3. “Your work is going to fill a large p...

40 Quotes from Helen Keller to inspire you

  Helen Keller was born on June 27, 1880 in Tuscumbia, Alabama. She was an American author, political activist, lecturer and the first deaf - blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree. Keller was born a healthy child but at the age of 19 months, she became deaf and blind as a result of an unknown illness, perhaps meningitis or scarlet fever. As she grew up into childhood, Helen and her friend, Martha Washington, invented a limited sign language in order to communicate with each other. However, Keller became an uncontrollable child and many family relatives felt she should be institutionalized. Her mother never gave up on her and constantly tried to find solutions that would better her daughter's condition. Thus, Helen’s life changed when Anne Sullivan came to Tuscumbia to be her teacher. Sullivan’s success with Helen remains an extraordinary and remarkable story and is best ...